Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Why Raggedy?

1. This blog is for a class. As such, I had less than five minutes to decide on a name.
2. My name is Anne. As a child, I was often given Raggedy Ann dolls, despite the difference in spelling, which annoyed me. Worse yet, those dolls have ugly red yarn hair and triangle felt eyes. My older sister got pretty dolls with hair that looked real, all because her name wasn't Anne. Or Ann.
3. My husband's name is Andy. This is just one of God's many tantalizing ways to make me laugh at myself. Out of all the men in the world, I fell for one named Andy. We got Raggedy Ann & Andy quilts, candlesticks, figurines, picture frames, Christmas ornaments, and dolls for our wedding. I still think they're ugly.
4. When I look honestly at myself, I am a rather Raggedy character. A work in progress at best. It seemed applicable.

No comments: