Thursday, February 14, 2008

Google Reader

One more piece of the cyberworld has won me over! I think I may be even more enamored with Google Reader than I was with del.icio.us, although I'm disappointed by it's mundane name.

I've subscribed to a handful of updates that I thought might be interesting, and not only am I getting what I was looking for (like knowing when people post new blogs), but I'm finding fun things that I never would have looked for. For example, my parents hometown news posted their favorite restaurant's special lunch menu for Valentine's Day. I'm guessing my mom will end up with the cream of tomato soup and veggie pizza while my dad will opt for the "Nasty Nick with Fries," a "...chicken patty tossed in homemade BBQ sauce- topped w/bacon, swiss, lettuce & tomato."

So it may not be the most exciting news, but it made me feel more connected, just for a second, to my family that lives halfway across the country. I'll have to ask if they got the white-chocolate dipped heart-shaped cookies for dessert.

No comments: