Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Yum

I have to admit, the first time I saw the url for del.icio.us, I was hoping it had something to do with food. But that's because I really like food, and it would be such a witty website. Like Epicurious... I love it! Who thinks of these names?

After my initial disappointment, I had a "rappelling moment." The first time I ever went rock climbing, my friend Logan took me up Ragged Mountain (no joke, what's with the Ragged stuff?) and set me up. But instead of having me start by climbing, he wanted me to rappel down first to learn the feel of the ropes and to trust my harness. So he instructed me to balance my arches on the edge of the cliff (standing back-to), and to lean out until I was perpendicular. I was NOT to hold onto the rope. At that moment, I knew that I was doing something really scary, entirely new, and I still wasn't sure if I'd like the end result.

That's how del.icio.us feels. I've set up my new account and dutifully bookmarked a few sites, but it is a whole new world and I'm really not sure what to do with it yet! I've got a funny feeling that I just might like it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you read the title right. In my head, I was pronouncing it as something along the lines of del-icio-shus. I apparently thought it was of foreign origin. Connecting it to food was a far more intelligent misconception than mine :)

Donna said...

And then there's pbwiki.com, which I've used quite a bit in some other classes. "PB" stands for Peanut Butter. After you sign up for a wiki, a confirmation comes up: "Yum! That was easy."