Thursday, April 3, 2008

Nomenclature, continued...





I know that I'm harping on this, but I feel it is really important. I'd like a title for my blog that indicates an appeal to being in/with nature, and I'd like for it to be provocative without being misleading or overly descriptive, aka Natureisgoodforchildrenanddultstooandherearsomeideasofhowtointeractwithitalongwithresearchthatsupportsmypoint.blogspot.com
You get the idea.

So, here is my only current idea, and I'm asking for responses to let me know if I'm on the right track, even just a tiny bit.

"Call of the Wild"

Too Jack London-ish? Too misleading? Too dull? Archaic? Sneaky? Tell me what you think...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Has "Call of the Wild" been used by someone else on a blog? My thought it is too obviously Jack London-ish.

How about a play on words from the book you were talking about, Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder (that's the entire title of the book)... has the author used all the nature/children plays on words, though? "Life of the Senses" "Climbing the Tree of Health" "Gifts of Nature" "Bringing Nature Home" "Where the Wild Things Will Be" ... those are some of his chapter titles ... maybe find a poem speaking of nature, of children and quote it, borrow a phrase?

(BTW, I love the quote at the beginning of the book from the fourth grade student, "I like to play indoors better 'cause that's where all the electrical outlets are." So sad.)