Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Pi Day!


Not that there's a shortage of holidays this month. In my family we're celebrating my father's birthday, my husband's birthday, St. David's day, Pi day, Palm Sunday, Good Friday, Easter, etc. Pi day could easily be overlooked.

But today is 3/14. It's kind of like 3.14, which is awfully imprecise, but apparently good enough to celebrate. We're having chocolate cream pie and apple pie with friends, just because we can. So happy Pi day, everyone! More coming soon...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh, another celebrant of Pi Day. Maybe you're really a math geek at heart ... or maybe it's just that your heart is given to a math geek! My students and I used to work with circle activities (art, music, math, games) and bake pies on this date. Enjoy!

jsdp59 said...

That is cool. Back in high school our physics teacher told us about Pi day and we had a celebration with food and stuff. March is a busy month and pi day is iefinitely a great day.

Unknown said...

I remember 'celebrating' Pi Day back in grade school and high school, but hadn't thought about it since. Then this year I feel like everyone was 'celebrating' or making mention of it being Pi Day. How fun!

dncrclc said...

We used to celebrate pi day in high school as well...my math teacher brought in a pie one year. And I always remembered those really outgoing people who went all out. I can't remember exactly what one guy wore, but it was pretty cool that he made a shirt for pi day. I can't believe I forgot about 3/14 :( Thanks for reminding us!