Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wii are busy...


Ok, the month of March is really getting to me, as my poor neglected blog can bear witness. My mother-in-law (she's a nice one!) decided it would be a good idea to celebrate Andy's birthday a little early. Not in and of itself a bad idea, but it was trouble! I was looking for a Wii, and I'd just lost a week in which to do so. Who knew it would be so hard???

Probably all of you. But I don't live in the world of video games. I don't even play video games. (Seriously. The first time I ever played one was when I was 20. I'm terrible at them.) So I spent the last week scouring every inch of Columbia, getting tips from small business owners and customers who overheard my plight, breaking speed limits and driving recklessly, only to see Wiis walking out the door in the hands of their proud new owners.

Finally I found one. I walked in, and there it was, under the glass counter in its little white box... surprisingly little for its ridiculous price tag. But Andy is turning twenty-seven and he's feeling a desperate need to reconnect with his childhood, and that is priceless. Right?

I have to admit, I've played it a little. I actually kicked Andy's butt bowling. I KO'd my boxing opponent in the first round. It's almost even fun... but I wasted a whole week finding it, so I'm determined not to waste this week playing it too! I think I'm back...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should've just asked me, I could've saved you a lot of trouble! I work in electronics at Target and we had some for this past Sunday. Where were you able to find one?